Our people are what make UNTHA UK tick, so each month we quiz a different colleague on a series of quickfire questions that offer a little more insight into why they’re such a crucial part of the team.
Next up, it’s accounts support Zoe Paskin… you’ve got exactly one minute – go!
1. What’s the most popular ‘waste’ stream that UNTHA is being approached to help shred at the moment?
Without a doubt, plastic.
2. Complete the sentence: When it comes to easy-to-shred materials, it’s crazy that the UK isn’t processing more…
…plastics – again!
3. What do you think is the most important environmental issue facing the UK right now?
The amount of waste that’s being sent to landfill.
4. Complete the sentence: There would be greater commitment to recycling in the UK if…
…household recycling wasn’t viewed as merely a ‘choice’ – with local authorities raising awareness and using more of their budgets for this purpose.
5. Investing in a shredder is a complex decision that clients make very carefully – why do you think they choose UNTHA UK?
UNTHA UK is a one-stop shop – we provide everything that the buyer needs to know, right from the initial advice through to the final product.
6. You launched a new website last year. What do you most like about it?
The easy navigation – with clear headings to guide users to their destination.
7. Which local/national business do you think deserves a shout out, when it comes to being environmentally considerate?
This isn’t in relation to any individual business but I like the recently-launched campaign to add plastic expiry date stickers to single-use ‘meal deal’ items in London supermarkets – maybe this will become the norm.
8. And who is your environmental ‘hero’?
My ‘heroes’ are my two young sons, who constantly pick up litter and help to keep the paths clean on the school run.
9. What’s your main hope for UNTHA UK over the coming year?
It would be great to see further growth for the ‘rebuild’ division.