Our people are what make UNTHA UK tick, so each month we quiz a different colleague on 10 quickfire questions that offer a little more insight into why they’re such a crucial part of the team.
Next up, it’s sales director Gary Moore… you’ve got exactly one minute – go!
1. What’s the most popular ‘waste’ stream that UNTHA is being approached to help shred at the moment?
There are two very popular streams at the moment when it comes to the XR – tyres and aluminium copper radiators.
2. Describe your favourite/least favourite shredder trial that you’ve watched at UNTHA UK’s HQ – which machine was in action and shredding what?
My least favourite was GRP (Glass Reinforced Plastic) being put through the QR1400 – it caused so much dust!
My favourite was watching confidential hard disk drives going through the RS40.
3. Complete the sentence: When it comes to easy-to-shred materials, it’s crazy that the UK isn’t processing more… (and explain why)
… clinical waste – it certainly isn’t being processed correctly.
4. What do you think is the most important environmental issue facing the UK right now?
Fly tipping, which continues to increase!
5. Complete the sentence: There would be greater commitment to recycling in the UK if…
… more funds were made available to better invest in future-proofed technology.
6. Investing in a shredder is a complex decision that clients make very carefully – why do you think they choose UNTHA UK?
Because we are a premium and reliable brand.
7. You launched a new website last year. What do you most like about it?
Everything! It’s dynamic.
8. Which local/national business do you think deserves a shout out, when it comes to being environmentally considerate?
Suez is doing some great stuff at the moment – taking residual waste streams and producing high volumes of SRF (Solid Recovered Fuel).
9. And who is your environmental ‘hero’?
All of the UNTHA team – and what, as a collective, it is bringing to the industry.
10. What’s your main hope for UNTHA UK over the coming year?
To continue to successfully deliver a premium quality of service.