Our people are what make UNTHA UK tick, so each month we quiz a different colleague on a series of quickfire questions that offer a little more insight into why they’re such a crucial part of the team.
Next up, it’s warehouse supervisor Alan Ryall… you’ve got exactly one minute – go!
1. What’s the most popular ‘waste’ stream that UNTHA is being approached to help shred at the moment?
I’d say it’s wood and plastics, in equal measures.
2. Describe your favourite/least favourite shredder trial that you’ve watched at UNTHA UK’s HQ – which machine was in action and shredding what?
My least favourite was a shrink wrap plastic with some not so nice juices inside!
My favourite was seeing a cuddly toy going through the RS40.
3. Complete the sentence: When it comes to easy-to-shred materials, it’s crazy that the UK isn’t processing more… (and explain why)
4. What do you think is the most important environmental issue facing the UK right now?
Homes with traditional gas central heating.
5. Investing in a shredder is a complex decision that clients make very carefully – why do you think they choose UNTHA UK?
Because we provide a great service, not just robust shredding technology.
6. You launched a new website last year. What do you most like about it?
Customers really get to put a face to the phone calls and emails they have with different members of the UNTHA team.
7. Who is your environmental ‘hero’?
The late Steve Irwin
8. What’s your main hope for UNTHA UK over the coming year?
To carry on growing strong. We’ve had a great few years, which has seen us invest in the team, our technology and our processes. This should be the foundations to an exciting future.